With the latest flapping about the toll road planned for the Trinity River (and inspired by Tim’s map post), I thought I’d share my favorite Trinity River Project rendering, the one that was made way back in 1892. Yep, that’s how long we’ve been trying to figure out what to do with the Trinity. Funny thing is, the 1892 plan isn’t that much different than the later ones: meandering rivers, a nifty overlook, recreation areas. There was also a big boondoggle of a transportation project roped into the deal, a plan to dredge the river so that it could become navigable all the way to the Gulf of Mexico — the 19th century version of the Trinity Toll Road. That didn’t work out to well. You can zoom in on the photo over here.
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »