I just spent more time than I should have watching a meeting of the Transportation & Trinity River Corridor Committee. The big topic today was Uber and whether we need new rules to govern it and like services. The highlight of the meeting, for me, was when Councilman Sheffie Kadane asked, “How did all of this change come about?” By “change,” he meant everything that has happened since about 1955. In response to Kadane’s question, someone from city staff patiently tried to explain to him how the internet and smartphones work. It was priceless. Anyway, not much was accomplished. After a bunch of back-and-forthing, the committee decided to form a work group to investigate the issue.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers