I just spent more time than I should have watching a meeting of the Transportation & Trinity River Corridor Committee. The big topic today was Uber and whether we need new rules to govern it and like services. The highlight of the meeting, for me, was when Councilman Sheffie Kadane asked, “How did all of this change come about?” By “change,” he meant everything that has happened since about 1955. In response to Kadane’s question, someone from city staff patiently tried to explain to him how the internet and smartphones work. It was priceless. Anyway, not much was accomplished. After a bunch of back-and-forthing, the committee decided to form a work group to investigate the issue.
- An Object Lesson on Jumping to Conclusions During a Breaking News Story by Tim Rogers
- Lakewood Brewing Company Responds to Session IPA Taste Test by Catherine Downes
- A Less Than Warm Adieu to Byron Harris by Tim Rogers
- Ask John Neely Bryan: A Post-Modern Logo For the City of Dallas by John Neely Bryan
- Podcast: Michelle Rodriguez of KSCS on Dallas Radio, Susan Hawk, and Her Love of Soccer by Jason Heid
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »