Connecticut isn’t as dominant as it has been — they were ranked No. 15 coming into Saturday — but it was still a big deal for SMU to beat the Huskies at the debut of the newly spruced-up Moody Coliseum on Saturday night (with Dikembe Mutombo in attendance). So big of a deal that Michael Mooney has told me about it twice in the past three days. The team is now 11-3, and looking like another one of Brown’s successful reclamation projects. And next year, they’ll be even better, after signing wunderkind point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, one of the most sought-after recruits in the nation. Mudiay’s signing was one of the things Brown and I discussed when I interviewed him late last year, the day after National Signing Day.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas