Connecticut isn’t as dominant as it has been — they were ranked No. 15 coming into Saturday — but it was still a big deal for SMU to beat the Huskies at the debut of the newly spruced-up Moody Coliseum on Saturday night (with Dikembe Mutombo in attendance). So big of a deal that Michael Mooney has told me about it twice in the past three days. The team is now 11-3, and looking like another one of Brown’s successful reclamation projects. And next year, they’ll be even better, after signing wunderkind point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, one of the most sought-after recruits in the nation. Mudiay’s signing was one of the things Brown and I discussed when I interviewed him late last year, the day after National Signing Day.
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Let’s Help This Richardson Teenager Go to Prom With Miss Teen USA by Bradford Pearson
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas