All the talk over the last year was about the loss–and rebirth–of Big Tex. (Something we’ll all regret if/when he eventually comes to life and attacks.) But apparently the State Fair nearly lost another icon, the 212-foot-tall Texas Star. Central Track has the story here, and it includes some interesting information about the ride’s history and the family that has owned and operated it since the wheel was erected in 1985.
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- AT&T Launches ‘It Can Wait’ Campaign for Hispanic Market by Danielle Abril
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »