All the talk over the last year was about the loss–and rebirth–of Big Tex. (Something we’ll all regret if/when he eventually comes to life and attacks.) But apparently the State Fair nearly lost another icon, the 212-foot-tall Texas Star. Central Track has the story here, and it includes some interesting information about the ride’s history and the family that has owned and operated it since the wheel was erected in 1985.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid