The great Brian Sweany of Texas Monthly (still, after all these years, it hurts to say that) offers GOP gubernatorial candidate and Dallas native Tom Pauken the chance to lay out his case, which opportunity Pauken seizes with both hands. On the American Airlines merger, crony capitalism, education — this would make a helluva debate. My impression: Abbott is weaker than he looks, which is why he scurry in every which direction to avoid sharing a stage or a camera. That’s understandable now, but as the primary draws closer Abbott is going to find himself boxed in. The idea of winning by getting everyone to think that you’re winning, well, maybe David Dewhurst could tell him how that turns out.
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »