The great Brian Sweany of Texas Monthly (still, after all these years, it hurts to say that) offers GOP gubernatorial candidate and Dallas native Tom Pauken the chance to lay out his case, which opportunity Pauken seizes with both hands. On the American Airlines merger, crony capitalism, education — this would make a helluva debate. My impression: Abbott is weaker than he looks, which is why he scurry in every which direction to avoid sharing a stage or a camera. That’s understandable now, but as the primary draws closer Abbott is going to find himself boxed in. The idea of winning by getting everyone to think that you’re winning, well, maybe David Dewhurst could tell him how that turns out.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid