The other day, due to a miscommunication with my wife, I shared a small DART bus with a man whose phone conversation was peppered with three things: profanity, the phrase “you know what I’m sayin’,” and the word “T-Jones.” Using my context clues, I assumed this word meant “teacher,” because the man’s conversation seemed to be about how the institutional racism inherent in the SAT (in the man’s opinion) was going to keep his son from getting into a good college. But Urban Dictionary tells me that “T-Jones” is “Texas slang for mother or grandmother.” What I found especially interesting is that the term is “mostly used in the Dallas area.” Huh. Are there other Dallas-area slang terms that I’m not aware of but should be using?
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »