Former D Magazine staffer and current Texas Monthly senior executive major general editor Brian Sweany has penned an essay for their December issue explaining why he won’t let his son join the Boy Scouts — at least not until the organization accepts gays into its ranks. It was a tough decision for Brian, who himself is an Eagle Scout. You should probably read the piece.
Read This Next
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste