Let’s do some more micro fiction. In the comments, write a story of 200 words or fewer whose plot includes Mayor Mike Rawlings and a pair of vice grips. Best submission, as judged by us (by which I mean me), wins four tickets to the State Fair and four passes to the Chinese Lantern Festival, which Zac says is the best thing he has seen since Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. If you’ve won something from D Magazine in the past six months, you are not eligible. Given how soon the Fair ends, tickets have to be picked up at D Mag headquarters, downtown. Contest ends at 5 o’clock today, and the winner will be announced shortly thereafter. May the muse be with you.
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: The Most ‘Dallas’ Dallas Restaurant by Nancy Nichols
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers