Let’s do some more micro fiction. In the comments, write a story of 200 words or fewer whose plot includes Mayor Mike Rawlings and a pair of vice grips. Best submission, as judged by us (by which I mean me), wins four tickets to the State Fair and four passes to the Chinese Lantern Festival, which Zac says is the best thing he has seen since Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. If you’ve won something from D Magazine in the past six months, you are not eligible. Given how soon the Fair ends, tickets have to be picked up at D Mag headquarters, downtown. Contest ends at 5 o’clock today, and the winner will be announced shortly thereafter. May the muse be with you.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas