Speaking of Brett Shipp, this morning he tweeted: “So the only reportage DMN devotes to the outrageous dental medicaid scam exposed by WFAA is to defend the doctors? Really DMN? Really?” He was talking about this story in the paper (paywall). I have to agree with Shipp. You read that story, and you come away with the impression that the state and federal government is going just a bit too hard on this Medicaid fraud stuff, and a lot of good dentists are getting hurt in the process. The story is a real head scratcher. Meanwhile, the guy who used to own the chain of dental clinics at the center of the DMN story, Richard Malouf, is building a water park at his $13 million Strait Lane mansion.
- Ron Washington Resigned Because He Cheated on His Wife by Tim Rogers
- How Will You Feel When Adrian Peterson Is Playing For The Cowboys Next Season? by Zac Crain
- Westlake Academy Is Early Leader in North Texas Giving Day by Tim Rogers
- DMN Managing Editor George Rodrigue Leaving for WFAA by Eric Celeste
- Leading Off (9/17/14) by Bradford Pearson
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »