Speaking of Brett Shipp, this morning he tweeted: “So the only reportage DMN devotes to the outrageous dental medicaid scam exposed by WFAA is to defend the doctors? Really DMN? Really?” He was talking about this story in the paper (paywall). I have to agree with Shipp. You read that story, and you come away with the impression that the state and federal government is going just a bit too hard on this Medicaid fraud stuff, and a lot of good dentists are getting hurt in the process. The story is a real head scratcher. Meanwhile, the guy who used to own the chain of dental clinics at the center of the DMN story, Richard Malouf, is building a water park at his $13 million Strait Lane mansion.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid