Back in 2008, we thought the historic Mt. Vernon estate built by H.L. Hunt was up for sale. The Morning News said as much. It was an embarrassing situation. The house was supposedly listed by Eleanor Mowery Sheets. But then she and her husband, Nicky, had that tax problem. And suddenly the house wasn’t for sale. But now it most definitely is. Check out Allie Beth Allman’s $32.5 million listing, which I believe makes it the most expensive house on the market in Dallas. In 2008, the News reported that the owners, Teresa and John Amend, were downsizing. One presumes that’s the case today. There is only a small handful of people in town who could afford this joint. It’s not really his style, but you have to wonder if Ray Hunt might be interested, if only for its historical significance. It’ll be interesting to see if it sells.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »