Back in 2008, we thought the historic Mt. Vernon estate built by H.L. Hunt was up for sale. The Morning News said as much. It was an embarrassing situation. The house was supposedly listed by Eleanor Mowery Sheets. But then she and her husband, Nicky, had that tax problem. And suddenly the house wasn’t for sale. But now it most definitely is. Check out Allie Beth Allman’s $32.5 million listing, which I believe makes it the most expensive house on the market in Dallas. In 2008, the News reported that the owners, Teresa and John Amend, were downsizing. One presumes that’s the case today. There is only a small handful of people in town who could afford this joint. It’s not really his style, but you have to wonder if Ray Hunt might be interested, if only for its historical significance. It’ll be interesting to see if it sells.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas