Back in 2008, we thought the historic Mt. Vernon estate built by H.L. Hunt was up for sale. The Morning News said as much. It was an embarrassing situation. The house was supposedly listed by Eleanor Mowery Sheets. But then she and her husband, Nicky, had that tax problem. And suddenly the house wasn’t for sale. But now it most definitely is. Check out Allie Beth Allman’s $32.5 million listing, which I believe makes it the most expensive house on the market in Dallas. In 2008, the News reported that the owners, Teresa and John Amend, were downsizing. One presumes that’s the case today. There is only a small handful of people in town who could afford this joint. It’s not really his style, but you have to wonder if Ray Hunt might be interested, if only for its historical significance. It’ll be interesting to see if it sells.
- Ron Washington Resigned Because He Cheated on His Wife by Tim Rogers
- Why Was John Wiley Price Trying To Get a Court-Appointed Attorney? by Zac Crain
- Tod Robberson Puts Pressure on District Attorney To Do His Job by Tim Rogers
- How Will You Feel When Adrian Peterson Is Playing For The Cowboys Next Season? by Zac Crain
- Westlake Academy Is Early Leader in North Texas Giving Day by Tim Rogers
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »