Back in 2008, we thought the historic Mt. Vernon estate built by H.L. Hunt was up for sale. The Morning News said as much. It was an embarrassing situation. The house was supposedly listed by Eleanor Mowery Sheets. But then she and her husband, Nicky, had that tax problem. And suddenly the house wasn’t for sale. But now it most definitely is. Check out Allie Beth Allman’s $32.5 million listing, which I believe makes it the most expensive house on the market in Dallas. In 2008, the News reported that the owners, Teresa and John Amend, were downsizing. One presumes that’s the case today. There is only a small handful of people in town who could afford this joint. It’s not really his style, but you have to wonder if Ray Hunt might be interested, if only for its historical significance. It’ll be interesting to see if it sells.
- Barrett Brown Will Just Have To Wait for That Sentence by Tim Rogers
- Mayor Rawlings Implies Trinity Toll Road Opponents Don’t Respect Democracy by Jason Heid
- DMN Reveals Its Bias About DISD by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
- What It Means Now That Rajon Rondo Is In Dallas by Zac Crain
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »