You can get off the edge of your chair now. Supporters of the Woodall Rodgers deck park have just announced that JPMorgan Chase will donate $3 million to help complete the park, which isn’t too far from downtown’s JPMorgan Chase Tower office building. SweetCharity tells us the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation made the announcement at a news conference attended by the likes of Mayor Tom Terrific; Chase’s Elaine Agather and the bank’s top man, CEO Jamie Dimon; and the foundation’s Jody Grant. As part of the deal, Chase’s name will grace the park’s “promenade.” Plans call for the 5.2-acre park to cover the freeway between St. Paul and Pearl streets, linking Uptown to the downtown Arts District. Other financing’s coming from TxDOT ($20 million), the city of Dallas ($20 million) and federal stimulus dough ($16.7 million).
Read This Next
- The Observer’s ‘Dallas Needs More Bookstores’ Cover Story Is Lazy by Bradford Pearson
- The Dallas Morning News Is Watching You Online by Tim Rogers
- Should There Be a Moratorium on Tearing Down Old Buildings in Dallas? by Peter Simek
- 1611 Main Street, R.I.P. by Krista Nightengale
- Starbucks Giving Up on Seattle’s Best Coffee Stores Here by Glenn Hunter
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »