You can get off the edge of your chair now. Supporters of the Woodall Rodgers deck park have just announced that JPMorgan Chase will donate $3 million to help complete the park, which isn’t too far from downtown’s JPMorgan Chase Tower office building. SweetCharity tells us the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation made the announcement at a news conference attended by the likes of Mayor Tom Terrific; Chase’s Elaine Agather and the bank’s top man, CEO Jamie Dimon; and the foundation’s Jody Grant. As part of the deal, Chase’s name will grace the park’s “promenade.” Plans call for the 5.2-acre park to cover the freeway between St. Paul and Pearl streets, linking Uptown to the downtown Arts District. Other financing’s coming from TxDOT ($20 million), the city of Dallas ($20 million) and federal stimulus dough ($16.7 million).
- Why Everyone Needs to Read Steve Blow’s Pro-Highway Argument by Peter Simek
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Two Quick Notes About the Efforts To Make DISD a Home-Rule District by Eric Celeste