No fewer than three George Bushes were on stage for an event at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center Monday night, including Jeb Bush’s son George P. P’s Uncle George, the former president known as W, referred interestingly to W’s dad, the one called George H.W., as “the real President Bush.” Then 43 talked some about the book he’s writing, saying it would tackle subjects ranging from 9/11, Afghanistan, and Iraq to Hurricane Katrina, his “freedom agenda,” and the financial meltdown. “My hope is that when objective history is finally written, that historians will use [the book] as a basis to understand our times,” W said. Then he proceeded to read an irreverant “excerpt” from the tome that had 1,000+ people rolling in the aisles. SweetCharity has the details.
Read This Next
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Which D Magazine Staffer Are You? by Krista Nightengale
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman