On the heels of the announcement that longtime editor Julie Lyons is leaving at the end of the year, the Dallas Observer just unveiled its latest redesign. It’s obvious before you even open a copy; the page is now an inch shorter. Not sure what, if anything, that does to them ad-wise. I mean, a quarter-page ad is still a quarter-page, right? The inside looks quite a bit different, too — new fonts and layouts and such. I like some of the changes and am definitely iffy on the others (something is not quite right about the columns section, for one thing). What do you think?
Read This Next
- Kristen Bell Rolls With Gordon Keith’s Soft Punches by Zac Crain
- Mike Rawlings Walks Out of Dallas ISD Home-Rule Meeting by Jason Heid
- Mesa’s Owner is Building a Seafood Restaurant in the Bishop Arts District by Rick Lopez
- Leading Off (3/13/14) by Zac Crain
- Are Health Insurance Exchange Plan Premiums Good Deals? by Benjamin Isgur