“Titche-Goettinger Building,” date unknown.
From the Handbook of Texas: “In 1929 [Titche-Goettinger] completed a new store on St. Paul Street between Main and Elm. This grew to become one of the largest stores in the Southwest. Titche retired that year and turned to an investment business. In the 1950s the downtown store expanded into branch stores in suburban areas, and the store name was shortened to Titche’s. Titche’s eventually sold out to Allied Stores. Allied, which also had purchased Joskeqv’s stores in Texas, changed the name of all Titche’s stores to Joske’s. After being purchased again in 1987, the stores became part of Dillard Department Stores, Incorporated, and were renamed Dillard’s.”Read More