FrontBurnervians who know me as a reactionary, mediocrity-defending supporter of Texas conservative things might be surprised by my live appearance last night on Al Jazeera America’s Real Money with Ali Velshi show, talking about Toyota’s move to Plano. (Al Jazeera’s the outfit that took over Al Gore’s old cable channel, Current TV.) Between sputtering something about how “shops” will benefit from the Toyota move—and a record number of “Uh’s” (Jeanne Prejean counted 47, I think)—I also neglected to correct the (substitute) host when he called me the editor of D magazine. (Sorry, Cristina!) I don’t think Cal Jillson has anything to worry about.
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- AT&T Launches ‘It Can Wait’ Campaign for Hispanic Market by Danielle Abril
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »