With Pope Francis calling on the leaders of his flock to give up their luxuries, Rodger Jones over at the DMN got the smart idea to ask the Dallas Diocese where Bishop Kevin Farrell lives and what sort of wheels he drives. A spokeswoman for the bishop said that he lives in a donated house near Midway and Walnut Hill and that the purchase price was $1.2 million. He uses it for fundraising events, she offered by way of explanation for why a bachelor would need a 6,100-square-foot house with nearly 1,000 square feet of garage space. The spokeswoman said Bishop Farrell drives a Toyota Avalon that’s about four years old. I’m not going to judge the digs, but I was curious to see them, and I wondered why Jones didn’t provide a pic. So I tracked the place down. He’s got a turret! How very North Dallas.
- An Object Lesson on Jumping to Conclusions During a Breaking News Story by Tim Rogers
- Lakewood Brewing Company Responds to Session IPA Taste Test by Catherine Downes
- A Less Than Warm Adieu to Byron Harris by Tim Rogers
- Ask John Neely Bryan: A Post-Modern Logo For the City of Dallas by John Neely Bryan
- Podcast: Michelle Rodriguez of KSCS on Dallas Radio, Susan Hawk, and Her Love of Soccer by Jason Heid
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »