In today’s Metro section, above the fold, there appear two stories, a James Ragland column about the DISD home-rule effort (executive summary: “Whoa, I have some questions about this group. No answers. Just questions.”) and a news story by Matthew Haag about groups that oppose the home-rule effort (executive summary: “Some groups oppose the home-rule effort.”). As I say, the stories abut each other. What’s curious is that Ragland calls the home-rule group Save Our Public Schools (which also appears in the print headline), while Haag refers to the group as Support Our Public Schools. The explanation for this discrepancy is simple. THE GROUP IS SO SHADOWY AND SECRETIVE THAT IT WON’T EVEN TELL US ITS REAL NAME.
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »