This morning I covered my backyard with bird seed and pots of fresh water. At this moment, I have 47 birds: dark-eyed juncos, cardinals, blue jays, Carolina wrens, bright red house finches, more dark-eyed juncos, four sparrows (one species) I haven’t identified, two downy woodpeckers, a red-bellied woodpecker, five white winged doves, six mourning doves, and one squirrel. I feel like Cinderella in that scene where the birds are sewing her dress up. Here is a picture I took (through my window) of a dark-eyed junco on my frozen Japanese red maple tree.
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: The Most ‘Dallas’ Dallas Restaurant by Nancy Nichols
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers