To absolutely no one’s surprise, A.H. Belo, parent company of the Morning News, has announced that it’s looking to sell the Providence Journal. As we said last month when it unloaded the Press-Enterprise, in Riverside, California, this is a good thing. As Belo retrenches, the News should only get stronger. Here’s what chairman, president, and CEO Jim Moroney said in the release: “The Providence Journal is an important financial contributor to our Company, and the newspaper’s commitment to the citizens of Providence and Rhode Island is unmatched. However, with A.H. Belo’s focus on investing and growing in Dallas, it makes sense to explore this opportunity.” Now the only question is whether Moroney can trick Aaron Kushner into over-paying for this newspaper, too.
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »