To absolutely no one’s surprise, A.H. Belo, parent company of the Morning News, has announced that it’s looking to sell the Providence Journal. As we said last month when it unloaded the Press-Enterprise, in Riverside, California, this is a good thing. As Belo retrenches, the News should only get stronger. Here’s what chairman, president, and CEO Jim Moroney said in the release: “The Providence Journal is an important financial contributor to our Company, and the newspaper’s commitment to the citizens of Providence and Rhode Island is unmatched. However, with A.H. Belo’s focus on investing and growing in Dallas, it makes sense to explore this opportunity.” Now the only question is whether Moroney can trick Aaron Kushner into over-paying for this newspaper, too.
Read This Next
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers