We’re so accustomed to Dallas Congressman Pete Sessions’ mishaps, corruption foibles, and non-sequiturs that a favorable story comes as a pleasant surprise — no, make that a complete shock. Nevertheless, here it is. Matt Fuller and Emma Dumain of the Capitol Hill weekly Roll Call canvassed Republicans and Democrats on the Rules Committee to discover that Sessions is well respected for crossing the aisle and opening up the committee to allow for amendments and debate. Good going, Pete. Although I’d say an adult who continues to play on the fact that he was an Eagle Scout forty years ago has a small identity problem, I can’t help but be impressed that in the super-charged partisan circus that is the current House, Sessions is actually tilting the other way.
Read This Next
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »