There are a couple things about the State Fair of Texas upon which we should all be able to agree: 1) The food is a delicious guilty pleasure and 2) There are always way too many people.
But don't think ill of your fellow humans. As you make your way through the fair, take in a breath of that sweet, fried air and know that you're not totally alone in Big Tex's world. Look to the faces around you, and your bound to see reflections of your own reactions to the sights and sounds of Dallas' greatest annual event.
We've taken note of some of the most common, and share those below.
1. Seeing the new Big Tex's face for the first time.
2. Encountering the many fried delights on offer, then remembering you’re on a diet.
3. After eating the fried nutella.
4. When they think you’re 10 years younger than you actually are at the guess-your-age booth.
5. Walking into the petting zoo.
6. How you feel holding a turkey leg.
7. When all of your friends win stuffed animals instead of you.
8. Getting some good ol' air conditioning inside the auto show.
9. An exotic creature escapes its State Fair habitat.
10. How you feel watching the cultural performances.
11. Sitting on the Footsie Wootsie
12. Can’t stop, won’t stop eating food at the fair
13. How your vegan friend sees the State Fair
14. Trying to enjoy a show after eating a ton of food
15. Hearing your friends say they’re tired and want to go home