Two years ago, Tim Rogers posed a similar question to you, dear readers. He, too, was a Cattle Baron’s virgin. He, too, didn’t know what to wear. Unsurprisingly, he hasn’t offered much in the way of advice. What he did say: From the moment I walk in, there will be a drink in my hand. Not helpful, Rogers.
So here’s the deal, in bullet points:
- Tomorrow is Cattle Baron’s Ball.
- It’s the 40th anniversary.
- Rascal Flatts is performing.
- Temps will be low by Texas standards. I’ve been told folks might even bundle up.
- The venue is Southfork Ranch (no rain, fingers crossed).
- According to my map, there’s a s’mores station.
All told, I have no doubt it will be a fun evening. Well perhaps. I haven’t mentioned who my CBB companion is. It’s a fellow D Mag staffer and CBB first-timer. I just hope he doesn’t cower in the corner with a bourbon and water.
Anyway, we’ve gotten off track. Can someone, anyone, tell me what to wear? And where can I (and should I) buy cowboy boots tonight?
I appreciate the help.