That’s one of the questions I discuss with urban planner/Tottenham Hotspurs fan Patrick Kennedy, aka WalkableDFW. Since Jim was somewhere making Tim’s head explode, I tried to run the little KNON show he usually pilots, with varying degrees of success. (I’m fine at the interviewing; the pledge-driving, not so much.) The highlights:
- Patrick’s well-reasoned arguments as to why we should tear out I-345.
- My failed joke to start off the show.
- Wylie H.’s Bane voice for two segments!
- Me bullying Wylie H. into making a pledge. (Which he did!)
- Discussion about how much easier it is to take DART busses these days.
- Watch me take a piece of ice in my mouth, realize I can’t crunch it on-air, take it back out of my mouth, and drop it into my cup.
- Patrick reminding me I owe him a beer from a bet I lost. (Still haven’t paid.)
- A discussion of what young people want from their cities, which I know because I’m young at heart.