The current issue of Entertainment Weekly contains the magazine’s picks for the 100 greatest books of all time (only the top 10 appear online). Guess whose book comes in at No. 54? Our man Ben Fountain. Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk beats out books written by, among others: Mark Twain, Saul Bellow, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Philip Roth, David Foster Wallace, and Michael Chabon. All due respect to Ben, who is a great talent and fine human besides, but this list seems like it could be fodder for “REALLY!?! With Seth & Amy.” In any case, if you haven’t yet read the book, get cracking.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas