In a hospital, washing your hands is a big deal. The CDC has issued a warning about the rise of a “nightmare bacteria.” Yet one study showed that hospital workers nationwide only wash their hands about half as frequently as they should. And they don’t really like to be reminded to do it. Which brings us to the video you see here. This is one way UT Southwestern is trying to push its “hand hygiene compliance” above 95 percent. The guy who confronts the first doc about washing her hands is a professional dancer named JayFunk. Everyone else is an actual doc or other worker at UTSW. The outtakes video, for my money, is almost better. Full disclosure: the woman who produced the video is Ashlie McGill, a former D Magazine employee and my neighbor. I would call her a friend, except she just put her house on the market. So now she’s dead to me.
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »