In an interview prior to Sunday’s Super Bowl telecast, President Obama reiterated his support for gays and lesbians, honing is support in on a proposal to lift the Irving-based Boy Scouts of America’s gay ban. “Gays and lesbians should have access and opportunity the same as anybody else,” he told 60 Minutes‘ Scott Pelley. As you’ll remember, the BSA board is expected to vote on the measure Tuesday. It would allow individual troops to decide whether or not to allow gay leaders and scouts. A group of gay scouts and leaders is expected to deliver 1.4 million signatures in favor of lifting the ban to the IrvingÂ headquarters today.
Read This Next
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers