Find a back issue

Source: T. Boone Pickens’ Grandson, Ty Pickens, May Have Died of a Heroin Overdose

From NBC’s Scott Gordon:

At least one witness told investigators that Pickens, a student at Texas Christian University, took the prescription drug Xanax and later injected heroin in the hours before he died, the sources said. Pickens was pronounced dead Tuesday morning at Baylor All Saints Medical Center, where a friend brought him after saying he wouldn’t wake up. He already may have been dead for several hours, the sources added.

Ty Pickens had been living off-campus. A roommate of Pickens told Gordon that Pickens had taken a Xanax early Monday, then used heroin when the roommate and a cousin of Pickens had gone to the store. When they returned, Pickens appeared to be sleeping; he did not wake up Tuesday.

Read This Next