Darin Strauss writes in the New York Times that this year he has read three masterpieces — and then, to drive the point home, he qualifies them as “legitimate masterpieces” (his ital). One of those books is Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, written by Ben Fountain. (The other two books are Zadie Smith’s NW and Michael Chabon’s Telegraph Avenue.) If you haven’t read the book yet, you ought to. Here’s Zac’s profile of Fountain from our May issue.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley