The Austin American-Statesman endorsed Democrat Paul Sadler over the GOP’s Ted Cruz in the U.S. Senate race. That gives Sadler endorsements by four of the state’s five big-city newspapers, including the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Only the Houston Chronicle favored Cruz among the major-metro papers. In a reliably red state that will elect Cruz by a solid margin next Tuesday, this proves one main thing: How out of touch the elite opinion-makers in major metros are with traditional bedrock Texas conservative values. And, they wonder why they’re losing circulation?
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- AT&T Launches ‘It Can Wait’ Campaign for Hispanic Market by Danielle Abril
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »