The Austin American-Statesman endorsed Democrat Paul Sadler over the GOP’s Ted Cruz in the U.S. Senate race. That gives Sadler endorsements by four of the state’s five big-city newspapers, including the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Only the Houston Chronicle favored Cruz among the major-metro papers. In a reliably red state that will elect Cruz by a solid margin next Tuesday, this proves one main thing: How out of touch the elite opinion-makers in major metros are with traditional bedrock Texas conservative values. And, they wonder why they’re losing circulation?
- DMN Sets Twitter Goal for Its Reporters by Tim Rogers
- Jill Jordan Explains the Highway Spaghetti Planned for the Continental Pedestrian Bridge by Peter Simek
- Nancy Nichols Steps Down as D Magazine’s Lead Dining Critic by Nancy Nichols
- Tracy Rowlett, Byron Harris Rip Bill O’Reilly’s Claim in 1970s Suicide Story by Glenn Hunter
- Let the Rural Opposition to the Dallas to Houston High Speed Rail Project Begin by Peter Simek
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »