The Austin American-Statesman endorsed Democrat Paul Sadler over the GOP’s Ted Cruz in the U.S. Senate race. That gives Sadler endorsements by four of the state’s five big-city newspapers, including the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Only the Houston Chronicle favored Cruz among the major-metro papers. In a reliably red state that will elect Cruz by a solid margin next Tuesday, this proves one main thing: How out of touch the elite opinion-makers in major metros are with traditional bedrock Texas conservative values. And, they wonder why they’re losing circulation?
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid