You wouldn’t think Michael “No Big Gulps in My Town” Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, and energy billionaire George P. Mitchell would agree on much of anything. But when it comes to “fracking” for natural gas, they do agree. Bloomberg and Mitchell, the Texan who pioneered the horizontal-drilling techniques that have made exploiting the Barnett Shale possible, agreed today in a Washington Post opinion piece that fracking can be a good thing. If, they stress, “reasoned decisions” can be made to do it responsibly.
- Grapevine High Students Apologize For Racist Rap by Jason Heid
- What Can We Learn About the Trinity River Project From Yesterday’s Dallas City Council Meeting? by Peter Simek
- Is Dallas Too Prude To Handle the Phrase ‘Balls in a Vise’? by Tim Rogers
- Quick Recap of Yesterday’s Council Meeting by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (4/17/15) by Jason Heid
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »