You wouldn’t think Michael “No Big Gulps in My Town” Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, and energy billionaire George P. Mitchell would agree on much of anything. But when it comes to “fracking” for natural gas, they do agree. Bloomberg and Mitchell, the Texan who pioneered the horizontal-drilling techniques that have made exploiting the Barnett Shale possible, agreed today in a Washington Post opinion piece that fracking can be a good thing. If, they stress, “reasoned decisions” can be made to do it responsibly.
- Postcard from Hawaii: The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival (Part 1) by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »