You wouldn’t think Michael “No Big Gulps in My Town” Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, and energy billionaire George P. Mitchell would agree on much of anything. But when it comes to “fracking” for natural gas, they do agree. Bloomberg and Mitchell, the Texan who pioneered the horizontal-drilling techniques that have made exploiting the Barnett Shale possible, agreed today in a Washington Post opinion piece that fracking can be a good thing. If, they stress, “reasoned decisions” can be made to do it responsibly.
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- AT&T Launches ‘It Can Wait’ Campaign for Hispanic Market by Danielle Abril
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »