Executives from Dallas-based Mary Kay Inc. gathered a few days ago at Tootsies, where they kicked off their foundation’s annual campaign to donate gently-used clothing to domestic-violence victims. Hard to argue with that kind of good work. This week, though, Harper’s Magazine is out with an “expose” saying that Mary Kay itself is a giant ripoff — a straight-up pyramid scheme that doesn’t deliver what it promises to its hundreds of thousands of saleswomen. You’ve got to have a subscription to read the whole Harper’s piece, but here’s an American Public Media synopsis/author interview, including a response from Mary Kay at the end.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas