Apparently news of a man shot in the face forgiving his attacker and fighting to save him from execution is “fit to print.” Timothy Williams of the Times has a brief Q&A with both Rais Bhuiyan, the man suing to stop the execution, and Mark Stroman, the murderer sentenced to die. I spoke with Bhuiyan’s attorney this morning, and he informs me the case has been moved to Federal court, with a hearing tomorrow morning. Stroman is scheduled to be executed tomorrow evening.
- DMN Sets Twitter Goal for Its Reporters by Tim Rogers
- Jill Jordan Explains the Highway Spaghetti Planned for the Continental Pedestrian Bridge by Peter Simek
- Tracy Rowlett, Byron Harris Rip Bill O’Reilly’s Claim in 1970s Suicide Story by Glenn Hunter
- Let the Rural Opposition to the Dallas to Houston High Speed Rail Project Begin by Peter Simek
- Austin-Based Royal Blue Grocery Store to Open in Highland Park Village by Nancy Nichols
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »