Almost from the get-go, the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee has been angling for multiple Super Bowls at Cowboys Stadium,Â beginning with the 50th anniversary game inÂ 2016. But now, ESPN reports, DFW has a serious rival for that game in Los Angeles, which may have the better shotÂ at landing it. The first Super Bowl was played inÂ 1967 at Los AngelesÂ Memorial Coliseum. And plans have just been unveiledÂ for a new Tinseltown stadium called Farmers Field, which is taking its cues from Cowboys Stadium. Maybe Jerry & Co.Â should pray for an earthquake?
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols