For years, the Washington bureau of the DMN slumbered along, producing occasional and unoriginal thumb-suckers for the op-ed page parrottingÂ the conventional Beltway wisdom of theÂ day.Â Its contributions were so minor and so predictable that one can be forgiven for forgetting it even existed. Executives in Dallas must have been tempted during the crash to follow their cousins around their country and close it down entirely. We should be thankful they didn’t. Now ensconced as bureau chief, Todd Gillman is doing fresh and original reporting like the Eddie Bernice Johnson storyÂ that shows how important a pair of watchful eyes in Washington bureau can be.
Read This Next
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid