For years, the Washington bureau of the DMN slumbered along, producing occasional and unoriginal thumb-suckers for the op-ed page parrottingÂ the conventional Beltway wisdom of theÂ day.Â Its contributions were so minor and so predictable that one can be forgiven for forgetting it even existed. Executives in Dallas must have been tempted during the crash to follow their cousins around their country and close it down entirely. We should be thankful they didn’t. Now ensconced as bureau chief, Todd Gillman is doing fresh and original reporting like the Eddie Bernice Johnson storyÂ that shows how important a pair of watchful eyes in Washington bureau can be.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale