For years, the Washington bureau of the DMN slumbered along, producing occasional and unoriginal thumb-suckers for the op-ed page parrottingÂ the conventional Beltway wisdom of theÂ day.Â Its contributions were so minor and so predictable that one can be forgiven for forgetting it even existed. Executives in Dallas must have been tempted during the crash to follow their cousins around their country and close it down entirely. We should be thankful they didn’t. Now ensconced as bureau chief, Todd Gillman is doing fresh and original reporting like the Eddie Bernice Johnson storyÂ that shows how important a pair of watchful eyes in Washington bureau can be.
- Are We Witnessing The Fall of the House of Michael Morris? by Peter Simek
- Watch Strokers Live Webcam, Stuff That’s NSFW by Tim Rogers
- Dallas City Council Could Vote Against Funding Trinity Toll Road by Tim Rogers
- 2 Trustees Voted to Cut Off More Than $100 Million to DISD and I Guess No One Cares by Eric Celeste
- What Dan Micciche Gets Right — and Wrong — in His DMN Essay by Eric Celeste
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »