The city of Allen is in the running to land a bioscience or pharmaceutical facility that would employ 1,000. That’s according to Robert Winningham, executive director/CEO of the Allen Economic Development Corp., who says Raleigh-Durham, N.C., and Atlanta are also contenders for the facility. Winningham adds that he’s taking off tomorrow for the West Coast where he’ll meet with honchos at Deloitte, which is managing the mysteriously code-named “Project RG.” A decision on Project RG–which Winningham says would be an expansion, not a headquarters relocation–is expected by this time next year.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas