Left to right: 1. The monks finished their mandala today. A week of arranging all that sand — and then they dump it in Turtle Creek. Let’s hope the prayer works. 2. These guys were called Zero Gravity, I think. Some very serious trampoline work. 3. My daughter was more impressed with the ballet. 4. As predicted, the reflecting pond in front of the Winspear is VERY popular with the kiddos. 5. I’ve got one gripe: they didn’t think through the food thing. There’s one place to buy it. The line is long. The food is expensive. I wound up instead getting a cup o’ corn from one of the street vendors by the Cathedral. And guess what store decided to stay closed today? Yup, the 7-Eleven at One Arts. Oh, and one more thing: If you’re going to have 30,000 or so people down to the Arts District, they might need to pee. Or worse. Portable bathrooms were not in abundance, and the one I did find was a disaster. 6. People who need to pee. 7. The line to tour the Wyly is about 500 people deep. They will all be assimilated.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman