Left to right: 1. The monks finished their mandala today. A week of arranging all that sand — and then they dump it in Turtle Creek. Let’s hope the prayer works. 2. These guys were called Zero Gravity, I think. Some very serious trampoline work. 3. My daughter was more impressed with the ballet. 4. As predicted, the reflecting pond in front of the Winspear is VERY popular with the kiddos. 5. I’ve got one gripe: they didn’t think through the food thing. There’s one place to buy it. The line is long. The food is expensive. I wound up instead getting a cup o’ corn from one of the street vendors by the Cathedral. And guess what store decided to stay closed today? Yup, the 7-Eleven at One Arts. Oh, and one more thing: If you’re going to have 30,000 or so people down to the Arts District, they might need to pee. Or worse. Portable bathrooms were not in abundance, and the one I did find was a disaster. 6. People who need to pee. 7. The line to tour the Wyly is about 500 people deep. They will all be assimilated.
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- AT&T Launches ‘It Can Wait’ Campaign for Hispanic Market by Danielle Abril
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »