Left to right: 1. The monks finished their mandala today. A week of arranging all that sand — and then they dump it in Turtle Creek. Let’s hope the prayer works. 2. These guys were called Zero Gravity, I think. Some very serious trampoline work. 3. My daughter was more impressed with the ballet. 4. As predicted, the reflecting pond in front of the Winspear is VERY popular with the kiddos. 5. I’ve got one gripe: they didn’t think through the food thing. There’s one place to buy it. The line is long. The food is expensive. I wound up instead getting a cup o’ corn from one of the street vendors by the Cathedral. And guess what store decided to stay closed today? Yup, the 7-Eleven at One Arts. Oh, and one more thing: If you’re going to have 30,000 or so people down to the Arts District, they might need to pee. Or worse. Portable bathrooms were not in abundance, and the one I did find was a disaster. 6. People who need to pee. 7. The line to tour the Wyly is about 500 people deep. They will all be assimilated.
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
- Postcard from Hawaii: The Kapalua Wine and Food Festival (Part 1) by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »