R. Mark Syrstad is out as president and CEO of Arlington-based Sheplers, the world’s leading retailer of Western-style clothing. While the company didn’t elaborate, one official says Sheplers wants to do a “course correct” and get back to “more traditional Western wear.” In a 2008 interview with D CEO, Syrstad expressed his desire to move Sheplers beyond its traditional customer base to attract “fashion-forward” men and women.
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Let’s Help This Richardson Teenager Go to Prom With Miss Teen USA by Bradford Pearson
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas