R. Mark Syrstad is out as president and CEO of Arlington-based Sheplers, the world’s leading retailer of Western-style clothing. While the company didn’t elaborate, one official says Sheplers wants to do a “course correct” and get back to “more traditional Western wear.” In a 2008 interview with D CEO, Syrstad expressed his desire to move Sheplers beyond its traditional customer base to attract “fashion-forward” men and women.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas