Congrats are due writer John G. Browning, a contributing editor at D CEO magazine who’s also a practicing attorney. John’s been nominated by the Houston Press Club for two 2009 Lone Star Awards for writing about law he did for our humble publication. His regular Legalities feature is nominated for Best Magazine Column, while his story about “five lawyers you don’t want to meet in court” is a nominee in the Best Magazine Article category. (The Dallas Observer, the Fort Worth Weekly, KERA and Bloomberg Dallas are also represented on this finalist list. ) The Lone Stars will be handed out June 26. And if we don’t win, John, we can always sue ‘em.
- Ron Washington Resigned Because He Cheated on His Wife by Tim Rogers
- How Will You Feel When Adrian Peterson Is Playing For The Cowboys Next Season? by Zac Crain
- Westlake Academy Is Early Leader in North Texas Giving Day by Tim Rogers
- DMN Managing Editor George Rodrigue Leaving for WFAA by Eric Celeste
- Leading Off (9/17/14) by Bradford Pearson
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »