Congrats are due writer John G. Browning, a contributing editor at D CEO magazine who’s also a practicing attorney. John’s been nominated by the Houston Press Club for two 2009 Lone Star Awards for writing about law he did for our humble publication. His regular Legalities feature is nominated for Best Magazine Column, while his story about “five lawyers you don’t want to meet in court” is a nominee in the Best Magazine Article category. (The Dallas Observer, the Fort Worth Weekly, KERA and Bloomberg Dallas are also represented on this finalist list. ) The Lone Stars will be handed out June 26. And if we don’t win, John, we can always sue ‘em.
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers