Congrats are due writer John G. Browning, a contributing editor at D CEO magazine who’s also a practicing attorney. John’s been nominated by the Houston Press Club for two 2009 Lone Star Awards for writing about law he did for our humble publication. His regular Legalities feature is nominated for Best Magazine Column, while his story about “five lawyers you don’t want to meet in court” is a nominee in the Best Magazine Article category. (The Dallas Observer, the Fort Worth Weekly, KERA and Bloomberg Dallas are also represented on this finalist list. ) The Lone Stars will be handed out June 26. And if we don’t win, John, we can always sue ’em.
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »