A FrontBurnervian recently forwarded me a Wall Street Journal column which, I think, effectively questions the notion of taxpayer-funded stadiums becoming money makers for cities. I know that many of you think not having the Cowboys playing in downtown Dallas might have driven the stake through the heart of our city, but maybe the WSJ piece can offer you some consolation. Then again, it might inspire you to burn an effigy of me, and that’s all right, too.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »