The great Ian Donnis, who covers the Providence Journal at the city’s alt-weekly, reports that Belo has put the ProJo‘s real estate up for sale. This includes the Journal Building, home to the ProJo‘s historic downtown offices. Most likely, they will sell the properties (which include parking garages and such) and lease it from the new owners. Why? Cuz that’s what you do when you need cash and you can’t get loans and you’ve got both hands on your effing hat.
Read This Next
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: The Most ‘Dallas’ Dallas Restaurant by Nancy Nichols
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers