The famous pecan tree at Preston and Armstrong, known as the Million Dollar Monarch, is apparently in some trouble. When I drove by it this morning, I was saddened to see police tape around its perimeter and a good portion of its canopy lying in chunks on the ground. The tree dates back to 1865. Christmas won’t be the same without that beauty all lit up. Let’s hold a thought for her, FrontBurnervians.
Read This Next
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas