(Exclusive: Must credit me.) Just got off the phone with my friend Josh Venable. He went in for his regular employee review today at the station. When he got there, someone from HR was waiting for him. He immediately knew what they were about to tell him: His position at the station — where he’s been since he was 19 years old — was being eliminated. So he’s out. No more 10 p.m-2 a.m. shift. No more Adventure Club. I am too close to the situation to comment rationally, but I’ll tell you this: They made a mistake. I know it was a business decision, and I know station boss Duane Doherty would have liked to do just about anything else. But still, not good times.
Read This Next
- Why Everyone Needs to Read Steve Blow’s Pro-Highway Argument by Peter Simek
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas