Who knew Red Bull has been showcasing the artistic talents of its imbibers since 1997? I didn’t. Red Bull: The Art of the Can is a recurring, traveling artistic competition, wherein sculptors and welders and caffeine addicts create cool, weird, and in between creations. As the PR email that’s been sitting in my inbox informs, Coppell’s Ivonne Acero, a self-described full-time mother of three and full-time emerging artist, has an entry titled Metalmorphosis that will be on view in Chicago November 9-18. Or, you can see it at left. Other entries, current and past (including last year’s showing in Dallas), can be found here.
Read This Next
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas